New at Gaylord:
LIBRARY CURBSIDE SERVICE EXPANDING TO GAYLORD
The Gaylord Memorial Library is now open on Fridays from 1-4:45pm for the pick up of items on hold. Once you’ve placed your items on hold AND have been notified they are ready to be picked up, please visit us on Friday afternoons. No appointment is necessary, however masks are required to enter the library. Enter through the front door and wait in the vestibule area and we will be right there to help you.
If you would like us to put together a “grab bag” of library books, movies, magazines, etc. Please call us at 538-5047.
STORY STROLL — NOW AVAILABLE!
Our first story stroll of 2021 has been installed! Learn more about the selected book and activity sheet.
MAKE AN ALPHABET BOOK WITH MISS JANET
We will provide all of the materials you and your child will need to explore a new letter each week, beginning with A in January and continuing to Z through June. Miss Janet will also be providing weekly video tutorials, so your child can follow along to create their own alphabet book pages. For children ages 3-8. Learn more and sign up.
TAKE & MAKE KITS FOR ADULTS/TEENS
Looking for some hands-on craft time? Check out our monthly take & make craft kit for teens and adults. Each kit is upcycled from discarded books and magazines. Learn more and sign up.
MISS JANET MAKES…
Miss Janet Makes… is a series of craft videos by Janet Shea, our Youth Services Coordinator. Find simple projects that you can do with your children at home.
SOUTH HADLEY PUBLIC LIBRARY – LOBBY PICKUP
Items are available from most libraries in the CW MARS network.
If you have requests please log into your account or call the library for more information.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Items can now be picked up in the library lobby without making an appointment. The South Hadley Public Library lobby is currently open to the public
- Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday from 9:30 to 8:00
- Thursday-Friday from 9:30 to 6:00
- Saturday 9:30 to 1:00
2. Search our online catalog to find items you want: CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE CATALOG
3. Log into the catalog to place a hold OR call the library with your requests.
4. If easier, we are happy to select a “grab bag” of books, DVDs, etc., for you based on interest and availability, just give us a call.
5. Library staff will collect your items and place them on our hold shelf. You will receive an email notice or text message when your items are ready, if your library card record is set up for those notices. Otherwise you will be called by telephone.
6. Items delivered to the Gaylord Library will be rerouted to SHPL for pickup.
7. New items are added every week. Subscribe to our Wowbrary email newsletter to see what’s new: CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO WOWBRARY
All in-person library programs and public meetings are canceled. Online events are being added to the calendar regularly.
See our Facebook page for more information on upcoming events!
The Gaylord Memorial Library of South Hadley, Massachusetts extends a heartfelt thank you to the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) and the Massachusetts Foundation for the Humanities, for the 2020 CARES Award.
Shopping on Amazon can now also mean donating to Gaylord Memorial Library!
Click on this link for further information: Amazon Smile