Looking for something to read? Search the catalog here, or explore our collection of ebooks, available free online. When you visit the library, you can check out all kinds of things, including:
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- Picture books
- Easy Readers and first chapter books
- Middle-grade novels
- Graphic novels
- Music CDs
- Book and CD kits
- Passes to your favorite museums
- Backpacks filled with books, games, puzzles, and toys
Need help with homework? This page links to lots of great resources.
Looking for something to do? We’ve got a variety of programs all year long at the Gaylord. Past programs at the library include:
- Slime lab
- Live reptiles
- Mythical creature crafts
- Jewelry making
- Sand and water table play
- Galaxy in a jar
- Live insects of the night
Every Thursday from 4:00-6:00 p.m. is LEGO Club night at the library! Free build from our collection of Star Wars, Creator, City, Minifigure, Duplo, and more!
Every Friday morning is storytime! We sing, play games, do movement activities, and, of course, read books! Storytime is always followed by an art project. While this program is geared towards preschoolers, we welcome all ages. We love when older kids help us decode wordless picture books, or tell our own stories together using the felt board! Sometimes in the summer we have special storytimes outside. Join us every Friday morning at 10:30.
There’s lots to do in the kids room!
- Create something new at the art table
- Put on a puppet show in the castle
- Draw on our chalkboard paint rocket ship
- Cozy up with a book in the beanbag chairs
- Explore the sensory wall
- Put together a puzzle
- Play with our board game collection: Scrabble, Monopoly, Checkers, Candyland, I Spy Bingo, and more!
- Build with LEGOs
- Explore the science center: microscope, rocks and gems, seashells, insects, measuring tapes, binoculars, and geometry and pattern activities!