For the health and safety of all, the South Hadley Public Library and Gaylord Memorial Library buildings are closed except for scheduled pick ups.
SOUTH HADLEY PUBLIC LIBRARY – CURBSIDE PICKUP
Availability is limited to items currently on the shelves of the
South Hadley Public Library and Gaylord Memorial Library
How it works:
- Search our online catalog, limiting your search to South Hadley, to find items you want: CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE CATALOG
- Log into the catalog to place a hold OR call South Hadley Public Library with your requests.
- We are happy to select a “grab bag” of books, DVDs, etc., for you based on interest and availability.
- Library staff will collect and check out your items, bag them, and schedule an appointment for you to pick them up.
- The bag with your name on it will be placed in the South Hadley Public Library vestibule, just inside the front doors at 2 Canal Street.
- If an order is not picked up on time we will hold them inside and schedule another pickup time. Items not picked up after two scheduled times will be checked in and reshelved.
- New items are added every week. Subscribe to our Wowbrary email newsletter to see what’s new: CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO WOWBRARY
As a courtesy to library patrons:
- Items on loan will be renewed with no limits.
- Fines will not be charged for overdue items.
- Materials may be returned in the library book drop.
- Patron holds will be kept on the shelf until we re-open.
Please be safe and make healthy choices during this challenging time and know that the entire library staff looks forward to opening again in the future.
All in-person library programs and public meetings are canceled. Online events are being added to the calendar regularly.
See our Facebook page for more information on upcoming events!
Used books (and movies and music) galore!
Gaylord Library has a great selection of used books and other materials available through our ongoing book sale on the lower level – and you set the price! All “sales” are by donation – simply choose what you want and make a donation in any amount at the desk. We also have a free magazines basket near the main entrance. Feel free to take what you like, or bring in your own recent magazines (1 year old or newer) for somebody else to enjoy. Would you like to donate your used books and dvds? We would appreciate receiving items 5 years old or newer. Thank you for supporting the library!
Shopping on Amazon can now also mean donating to Gaylord Memorial Library!
Click on this link for further information: Amazon Smile